Asia & Pacific
Asia & Pacific Region
Periodic Reporting in Asia & Pacific Region
As a State Party driven exercise, Periodic Reporting is an essential process for the successful implementation of the 1972 World Heritage Convention; it is a systematic monitoring tool on the implementation of the Convention by the States Parties as well as on the state of conservation and management of each individual cultural and natural heritage property inscribed on the World Heritage List.
快3微信群计划In this context, between 2010 and 2012, the States Parties from Asia and the Pacific were requested by the World Heritage Committee to conduct the second cycle of Periodic Reporting so as to provide the Committee with the necessary and updated information on the current state of the region’s world heritage properties. This reporting documentation is composed in two parts, with Section I focused on the implementation of the World Heritage Convention at national level, then Section II primarily focused on state of conservation of each cultural and natural heritage property.
The first cycle of Periodic Reporting in Asia and the Pacific, was carried out over a period of several years up until 2003 and led to the successful production of the comprehensive publication entitled “Synthesis Regional Periodic Report for the Asia-Pacific Region 2003”. The subsequent progress and follow up to the first cycle was fruitfully achieved through the implementation of two regional programmes; “ActionAsia 2003-2009” and “World Heritage-Pacific 2009快3微信群计划”, which directly respond to the conclusions, recommendations, and action plans resultant from the first cycle.
The second cycle of Periodic Reporting for the Asia and Pacific was launched by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in Brasilia, Brazil in August 2010. All 41 State Parties to the Convention in Asia and the Pacific actively participated in this cycle and worked together on this vital component of the Convention. The results of the second cycle will be presented to the World Heritage Committee in 2012 at the 36th session in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, in June - July 2012.
- UNESCO expresses solidarity with Japan as fire rips through World Heritage site in Okinawa 31-Oct-2019
- Sixth Meeting of the Coordinating Committee on the Serial transnational World Heritage nomination of the Silk Roads to be held in Hamedan, Iran – 23–26 September 2019 25-Sep-2019
- Fuzhou (China) to host 2020 session of World Heritage Committee 09-Jul-2019
- Six Heritage Cities from Asia, Pacific and Africa Gather in Penang to Exchange Knowledge about Strengthening Resilience Against Disaster Risks 20-Jun-2019
- World Heritage: UNESCO to host Africa-China World Heritage cooperation forum 28-May-2019
- First UNESCO-led China-Germany cultural exchange on heritage conservation for Sustainable Development 12-Oct-2018
- WHITRAP Shanghai issues the Summary Report of “The Future of Small Settlements in China and the World Heritage Convention workshop” 30-Jul-2018
- ‘Delhi Declaration on Heritage and Democracy’ adopted at closing session of ICOMOS 19th General Assembly 21-Dec-2017
- World Heritage Centre Statement on the Greater Blue Mountains Area 07-Jun-2017
- Youth Mobilize for Creativity, Heritage and Peace along the Silk Roads 25-Apr-2017
- Conservation and management of the World Heritage properties of religious interest in Asia-Pacific 17-May-2017-19-May-2017
- "Planning for the Conservation and Development of Historic Towns and Urban Areas in Fiji" Workshop 27-Jul-2015-07-Aug-2015
- World Heritage Awareness workshop for Tuvalu 10-Mar-2015-11-Mar-2015